Relax and Sing Baby Massage and Yoga
Join this wonderful course, which is a gentle combination of baby massage, baby yoga, sensory stimulation, shiatsu, relaxation and singing.
Onie has been running baby massage courses in Edinburgh for over 10 years. It's a joyful way to spent time your little one in the company of other parents and babies.
Over this course we:
- explore how to give a nurturing full body massage to your little one
- enjoy fun baby yoga stretches
- use different textures to provide touch stimulation
- learn useful shiatsu points for common baby ailments
- relax with a calming activity each week (for parents too!)
- sing our way through the sessions to the delight of the babies
- enjoy discovering a new world lullaby each week
- we always have time for chat, tea and biscuits!
What are the benefits?
This is a great way to meet other parents in a relaxed, informal environment, where your wee ones can enjoy the company of other babies. The babies love all the songs, rhymes and sensory materials and toys.
Baby massage and yoga can help stimulate sensory development and improve sleep patterns in your baby, help to relieve gas and colic, plus give you new ways to have fun and connect with your baby.
What age are these courses for?
The sessions are tailored for 6 weeks to pre-crawling babies.
What is the structure of the course?
Run in 1-hour weekly sessions (in blocks of 5 or 4 weeks around school holidays).
The sessions are very mellow. Babies are expected to behave like babies and the sessions are as much a time to be sociable and relax with your little one, as they are for taking part in the massage and yoga.
We repeat the songs, rhymes, massage strokes and gentle yoga movements each week so that babies who are feeding, sleeping, crying all have a chance to relax and enjoy the strokes. Parents and babies find it easy to get used to, and grow to love, the massage strokes and to have fun learning the songs and lullabies.
Cost of the course
The cost of a 5 weeks is £50, 4 weeks is £40. This fee includes a gorgeous 100ml bottle of Neal's Yard Organics Baby Massage Oil (worth £7.50), which will last well beyond the length of the course.
It may be possible to book a drop-in place. However, we can only offer this if our courses are not fully booked (which doesn't happen often). It's always worth asking though :-)
Courses take place at: KnotStressed Therapies, 40-42 Montrose Terrace, Edinburgh EH75DL
Upcoming Courses on weekly Tuesday mornings with Onie:
- 14th August to 11th September: 1145-1245 (5 week course £50)
- 18th September to 16th October: 1145-1245 (5 week course £40)
- 23rd October to 20th November : 1145-1245(5 week course £50)
- 4th to 18th December: 1145-1245 (3 weeks £30)
- 8th January to 5th February 2019: 1145-1245 (5 week course £50)
Please contact us at KnotStressed for more information.