Postnatal Massage Training
Postnatal Massage is one of the most rewarding experiences in the field of massage. Learn to recognise and help to resolve the many musculoskeletal and physiological issues created by pregnancy, childbirth and childcare activities.
2-Day FEDANT-Accredited Post Graduate Workshop
(10 CPD Points)
Through this workshop you will learn:
* positioning, contraindications and techniques to help restore and maintain the mother’s well being,
* techniques to extinguish trigger points reducing referred pain in the abdomen and back
* structural rebalancing of the Erector Spinae and Lumbodorsal Fascia and Iliopsoas
* restoration of the abdomen (skin, connective tissue, musculature, abdominal organs)
* how to normalise Diastus Recti (separation of the abdominal muscles)
* how to perform post-operative work on caesarean sections
* working with a postnatal woman on a holistic level including tools for relaxation, calmness and self-confidence
* how to advise on postnatal care and support.
Upcoming courses in Edinburgh:
5-6th January 2019
23-24th March 2019
6-7th July 2019
2-3rd November 2019
£200 plus £25 for a hard copy of the handouts
We are happy to accept payment in instalments over 6-8 months.
We limit the course to 6 therapists to ensure a friendly and supportive group and tailored tuition.
We are also happy to run private workshops and may be willing to travel to other areas.