The ability to conceive depends on many different factors, but it is essential that both partners are in optimum health to enable this to happen. The demands of modern lifestyle puts everyone under pressure, many fall into patterns of behaviour that they are unaware of and this can potentially have an impact on health and fertility.
Factors that may affect fertility:
- longer working hours, which can lead to stress and anxiety
- poor diet and erratic eating habits, convenience foods and increased alcohol consumption
- too much or too little exercise
If medical tests show that there is no medical reason for a couple to conceive, lifestyle issues may contribute to infertility and if a couple have been trying to conceive for some time the stress and anxiety this causes can be all-consuming which also may affect their ability to conceive.
Fertility Reflexology is a calming and balancing holistic therapy that can help to ease emotional and physical stress and tension. Regular reflexology treatment, coupled with lifestyle changes by both partners can greatly improve fertility.
What is it?
Fertility Reflexology aims to assist couples/individuals who would like help with any of the following:
- Natural conception
- Assisted conception; IVF; ICSI; IUI
- Menstrual cycle/hormonal imbalance leading to infertility
- Endometriosis; fibroids; PCOS
- Sperm quality and quantity
- General health and wellbeing – creating the optimum health for Mums and Dads to be
How does it work?
This area of specialism in Reflexology has been developed to look at all aspects of fertility, conception and pre conception care. It includes in its protocol:
- Assessing and regulating the endocrine system - hormone balancing
- Using stress reduction techniques - physical, emotional and mental
- Working with symptoms and causes of menstrual issues and hormone imbalance
- Working alongside the medicated cycle in assisted conception to enhance its efficacy
- Addressing lifestyle/exercise/diet and nutritional supplementation to support optimum health
- Full support offered in a creative and caring environment
What is involved?
It is recommended that both partners complete the initial consultation form which is sent out prior to the first appointment. To prepare an appropriate treatment plan, time is given at the first appointment to discuss the consultation form and to do a full reflexology treatment. A pack of information which you may find helpful is also given at the first appointment.
- 90 minute initial consultation including full treatment £78
- 60 minute follow up appointment £50
- For more information please contact KnotStressed.