Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
MLD uses gentle rhythmic pumping movements to improve the efficiency of the lymphatic system. By helping to stimulate the flow of lymph, MLD can reduce swelling, ease pain and strengthen the immune system. MLD has a powerful and soothing effect on the autonomous nervous system resulting in a wonderfully effective and deeply relaxing treatment.
Benefits of MLD
* Relieves swollen legs and ankles, wrists and fingers, as well as tired puffy eyes that often occur during to pregnancy.
* Can be used after injuries (fractures, torn ligaments, strain, wounds and burns) and orthopaedic and cosmetic surgeries to promote healing and reduce swelling and pain.
* Supports the control of lymphoedema and lipedema.
* Relieves symptoms caused by venous insufficiency.
* Can improve chronic conditions such as sinusitis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma and Complex Regional Pain Syndrom (CRPS).
* Can improve skin condition as acne and rosacae, as well as the appearance of old scars and stretch marks.
* Supports the lymphatic system in detoxing the body.
* Provides nurturing whole body support following periods of stress, burn out/exhaustion or major illness
What is involved?
MLD therapy will always be tailored and adapted to your needs. We conduct a full consultation prior to your treatment. Depending on the condition and the therapeutic goals, an initial course of frequent sessions might be necessary (three times a week to daily).
Please note that under some conditions the treatment is unsuitable. We will discuss your requirements in advance to ensure this treatment is suitable for you.