Relax and Breathe Birthing: 4-Week Course
*You can download the recordings of our gentle guided meditation hypnobirthing scripts in our online shop*
*Find out what the parents say about our courses by reading their testimonials*
What is Relax and Breathe Birthing?
This is an informal, inspiring and empowering approach that enables pregnant women and their birth partners to feel excited about the birth of their baby.
This course can help you achieve a calm, comfortable and positive birth experience.
We guide you through using gentle breathing, massage, imagery and visualisations (hypnobirthing) as a way of staying relaxed and calm during your birth experience.
Our tailored approach enables you and your birth partner to adapt relaxation scripts to your own needs by tapping into positive memories, places, imagery and feelings from your own experiences - making them even more powerful.
Using self-hypnosis (deep relaxation) during childbirth is a simple, yet profoundly effective tool for achieving a calm childbirth experience where you feel in control of your experience and where you are working with your body’s own natural pain relieving hormones to ensure a comfortable birth experience.
This course has been developed with Jenny Patterson, Independent Midwife, to ensure that the information provided is unbiased, relevant and timely.
Sally also offers a regular Pregnancy and Childbirth Information Session , which is a wonderful optional accompaniment to this course in terms of enabling further, more detailed discussion of birth preferences with an experienced midwife. This session is a drop in session and just £10 per pregnant women and partner to attend if you book ahead.
In addition, we offer Relax and Breathe Massage where you can enjoy a Pregnancy Massage listening to the hypnobirthing visualisations.
You can read comments and experiences of couples who have recently been on our course on our Client's Comments page.
This enjoyable and comprehensive course is tailored completely to your needs and includes:
- calm breathing techniques for during a surge and between surges, along with associated positive imagery and visualisations
- understanding the philosophy of using self-hypnosis and deep relaxation for childbirth
- relaxation and visualisation exercises to help train your mind and body to relax on cue
- anchors and deepening techniques to increase the power of your relaxation
- releasing negative emotions and relieving anxiety
- exploring practical. emotional and physical antenatal and birth preparation
- looking in detail at birth choices and preferences
- discovering other research-proven intensity relief techniques
- supportive massage techniques for childbirth
- tummy massage and other pregnancy massage techniques
- working with shiatsu birth focus points
- positions which will help ease childbirth
- viewing and discussing positive birth stories and dvds
This group course is taught in four weekly sessions of 2.5-3 hours (plus the optional additional £10 session with Sally as part of the Pregnancy and Childbirth Information Evening). See dates below.
The course is really informal and good fun. It is also a lovely way to meet other couples.
We limit each course to 4 pregnant women and their birth partners.
More information and booking:
The best time to come on this course is between 24 and 35 weeks into your pregnancy.
We have tried to keep our course as affordable as possible for couples, as we really believe that the tools learnt through the course should be available to everyone. We also offer a more condensed version of this course through our day workshops.
The cost of the course is £190 and this includes 4 x 2.5-3 hour sessions, a comprehensive folder of handouts, a full set of our hypnobirthing scripts as MP3 downloads, a £10 discounted pregnancy massage, a set of Positive Birth Affirmation Cards and lots of tea, coffee and snacks!
Upcoming courses on Tuesday evenings at KnotStressed Therapies, 40-42 Montrose Terrace, Edinburgh EH7 5DL:
- 6-9pm, weekly from Tuesday 14th August to 4th September with Onie
- 6-9pm, weekly from Tuesday 11th September to 2nd October with Onie
- 6-9pm, weekly from Tuesday 23rd October to 13th November with Onie
- 6-9pm, weekly from Tuesday 20th November to 18th December with Onie (please note there is no session on 27th November)
- 6-9pm, weekly from Tuesday 8th January to 29th January 2019 with Onie
Upcoming Courses with Anne at Breath-Works, 7a Alva Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4PH on Saturday mornings:
- 9.30am - 12.30pm, weekly from Saturday 23rd June to 14th July
- 9.30am - 12.30pm, weekly from Saturday 11th August to 1st September
- 9.30am - 12.30pm, weekly from Saturday 13th October to 3rd November
- 9.30am - 12.30pm. weekly from Saturday 24th November to 15th December
For details or to book you and you birth partner on to the course please contact KnotStressed
We also offer 'Pregnancy Massage for Hypnobirthing' for women who have been on a Hypnobirthing course. Find out more...